Bible Baptist Church
You are here: About UsAbout Us
  • JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 966
About Us

About Us (6)


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Image result for travis gilbert pastor


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Missionaries We Support

To view a complete list of Missionaries we support, click either icon below.


Service Broadcast Info

Rockcastle County - Time Warner Cable
11AM, 4PM, 9PM
Channel 3

Madison County - Time Warner Cable
Channel 5

Also services are broadcast on the radio at WRVK 1460 AM,Sundays at 4PM

Service Times

Sunday School 10:00 AM
Morning Worship Service 11:00 AM
SHinE Kids Ministry 11:00 AM
Evening Service 6:00 PM

Evening Worship Service 7:00 PM
2:52 TEENS 7:00 PM
SHinE Kids Ministry 7:00 PM


Nurseries are provided for all Sunday services.

Vans are available to pick up those needing rides, call the church at 606-256-5913 to schedule a ride.

Church History

In 1907 our Church was established as the “Pine Hill Missionary Baptist Church;” at the Pine Hill School with Fred Jones, Hewey Ponder, and L.D. Gooch. A new building was constructed in Pine Hill in 1912 and destroyed by fire in 1936. Around 1938 the church was rebuilt at the present site of Pine Hill Baptist Church, with David Grubbs as pastor.

  • 1940 Furman Jones (son of Fred Jones) was called as pastor.
  • December 2, 1948 Church voted to become independent.
  • Services held in home of Jim and Faye Fain
  • Name changed to Pine Hill Fundamental Missionary Baptist Church
  • Purchased L&N section house made it into church building
  • July 6, 1952 Wendell McHargue licensed to preach
  • March 20, 1955 named changed to Bible Baptist Church
  • 1956 Earl Jackson resigned as pastor
  • 1956 B.B. Boaz called as pastor
  • 1958 Raford Herrin called as pastor
  • April 8, 1958 Roundstone Mission (now Grace Baptist) established
  • Later turned over to First Baptist, Harrison, OH
  • 1964 Paul Burton called as pastor
  • February 16, 1966 Church voted to buy land in Burr
  • April 16, 1966 old building at Pine Hill sold
  • June 27, 1973 Lyman Fisher and Sam Hampton were licensed to preach
  • November 26, 1977, Joe Fain and Danny Ford were ordained as Deacons
  • August 16, 1981, Don Stayton called as Pastor
  • October 3, 1981 Don Stayton ordained into the ministry
  • June 26, 1982, Sam Ford and Curtis Miller ordained as Deacons
  • September 15, 1985, Harold Brown ordained as Deacon
  • July 6, 1988 voted to buy 8 ½ acres of land (our present site)
  • 1988 voted to built road to new site
  • 1989 began excavating the land
  • 1990 voted to build shelter/mission quarters
  • January 8, 1992 hired architects Rardin and Carroll
  • January 27, 1993 hired Scott Stayton as Youth Pastor
  • July 10, 1994 Danny Hinton ordained as Deacon
  • February 15, 1995 voted to sell building at Burr
  • October 14, 1995 held last service in Burr
  • At this service presented Pastor and wife a new van
  • October 17, 1995 began meeting in shelter with portable heaters and canvas wrapped around the outside. Attendance was very good
  • November 1995 building inspector allowed us to meet in fellowship hall
  • December 16, 1995 held first meeting in auditorium
  • September 28, 1998, church approved installing Don Bray as Deacon
  • September 30, 1998, Hal Hunt elected Trustee
  • April 4, 2001, Church ordained Scott Stayton into the ministry
  • February 23, 2005, Scott Stayton announced his accepting a position at Fox Creek Baptist Church in Indianapolis, IN
  • March 29,2005, Church voted to purchase a study on the proposed Family Life Center, and to construct a sign at the entrance on US25
  • February 15, 2006, site based plans approved
  • September 27,2006 the Church voted to hire Rardin & Carroll as architects for the Family Life Center
  • November 19, 2007 Darren Allen and Glenn Thompson ordained as Deacons
  • November 15, 2006 Church called Michael Quillman as Associate Pastor in charge of youth
  • October 21, 2007 Church voted to call Jeremy Ellis as Associate Pastor.
  • November 11, 2007, Church voted to start building fund drive for the Family Life Center
  • Church property taken into city limits
  • Road named Higher Ground Lane
  • May 25, 2008, Jeremy Ellis Ordained into the ministry
  • February 2009, Family Life Center opens
  • August 2016, Don Stayton resigned as pastor
  • April 2017, Travis Gilbert called as pastor
Contact Us
Service Times
Broadcast Times
Go to top